We’re Trusted Home Mortgage Refinancing Lenders
As the economic climate improves, you may still be finding it hard to make your mortgage payments. Hometown Equity Mortgage lenders can be a helpful ally and guide you in making the important decision to re-finance your home.
Note: We are licensed home loan lenders for Missouri, Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Washington states.
What is home loan refinancing?
Refinancing is when you replace your original mortgage with a new mortgage. This is commonly done to allow a borrower to get a better interest rate and term. The first loan is paid off and then the new loan is created.
For borrowers with a great credit history, refinancing is a great way to convert a variable loan rate to a fixed rate with a lower interest rate.
For borrowers with less than perfect credit, refinancing can be fraught with risks. Sometimes the hidden fees and penalties may be more costly than receiving a lower interest rate. It’s important to get all the facts about these costs and the lenders at Hometown Equity Mortgage are here to help you navigate these perils.
Reasons to Refinance
- Get Lower Rates: You may be paying an interest rate that’s higher than today’s bargain rates
- Save Long-Term: Cut your monthly payment and accelerate your home payoff more quickly
- Underwater Homeowners: HARP has been revamped and helps underwater homeowners refinance
- Unemployment: You might be eligible for relief through forbearance. The lender allows you to suspend or make partial payments for up to twelve months, while you find a job.
- Have Less Income: If your income has been reduced, refinancing for about 3/4’s of your payment can offer relief
- To Obtain Money: Refinancing mortgage loans can help you make larger purchases like a car, education or home renovations, or to help reduce credit card debt
“TJ is an amazing asset to this company. He did a superb job helping me all the way through the refinance process. Thanks to him I got a lower rate and will be saving a few hundred dollars a month on my house payment. He was always very nice and polite, he was not rude or pushy and made the whole process quick and simple. I highly recommend TJ at Equity Home Mortgage if your thinking of refinancing your home or buying a new one. You won’t be disappointed.”
Mildred I. / Goddard, KS / 5 Stars at Yelp
How do I get started?
Hometown Equity Mortgage makes it easy. Apply online to see if you qualify by clicking on the banner below or call us and we’ll be happy to discuss your needs at: (855) 563-4836