Top VA Home Loan Lenders
Over the years, Hometown Equity Mortgage has proven to be one of Missouri’s best VA home loan lenders and has helped many veterans buy, refinance or renovate their homes. Qualified veterans and military service members can buy a home for $0 Down with the Veterans Affairs (VA) Home Loan Benefit earned though military service.
Hometown is here to help you and are approved VA home loan lenders in:
Missouri, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Tennessee, Utah and Washington state.
What is a VA home loan?
The U.S. government created a military loan guaranty program to help service members purchase their homes. VA guaranteed loans are made by approved lenders, such as Hometown Equity Mortgage and are guaranteed by the federal government. The guaranty means the lender is protected against loss if you fail to repay the loan.
What are the benefits?
A VA mortgage loan is a lifeline for military borrowers, many of whom find it difficult to qualify for conventional loans. More than twenty million servicemen and women and their families have been placed in affordable home financing through this program. Benefits include:
- No down payment
- No private mortgage insurance (PMI)
- Competitive rates meaning lower monthly mortgage payments
- Comparable closing costs, sometimes lower than other financing loans
- No pre-payment penalties
- A mortgage can be taken over or “assumed” by the buyer when a home is sold
- Assistance to veteran borrowers having financial difficulty or facing a loan default
- The VA insures up to 25% of each loan so lenders assume less risk and are willing to offer lower loan rates than non-VA loans
Can I qualify?*
Through your dedicated service to our country, veterans and military service members earn and qualify for a range of benefits, the most important being able to take part in the VA Loan program. Eligibility standards include:
- You are serving active duty right now and fulfill the service requirements
- You served 90 days of active duty during wartime, or 181 days during peace time
- You received a honorable discharge
- You are a spouse of a veteran who died in the line of duty, or due to service related injuries and have not remarried
Start By Getting Your Certificate of Eligibility
Our expert VA home loan lenders are happy to help you secure your COE very quickly. You don’t need to have it right away to start the application process with us.
Mortgage Insurance is Not Required
Although mortgage insurance is not required, the VA charges a funding fee to issue a guarantee to a lender against borrower default on a mortgage. The fee may be paid in cash by the buyer or seller, or it may be financed in the loan amount.
Serving Military Bases in MO
- Whiteman Air Force Base | Knob Noster, MO
- Fort Leonard Wood | Waynesville, MO
- MC Mobilization Command | Kansas City, MO
How do I get started?
Hometown Equity Mortgage makes it easy. Apply online to see if you qualify by clicking on the banner below or call us and we’ll be happy to discuss your needs at: (855) 563-4836